Last week I celebrated my birthday with family and friends! I was on the hunt for a dessert recipe for my celebration which was not only gluten-free, but had no flour and no added sugar. I must say it was not easy to find a recipe that met my requirements that would also be a crowd pleaser. Luckily one of my customers, Marilynn T., sent me the perfect recipe which turned out to be a huge hit! The pie was so delicious, I wanted to feature it as the recipe of the week. If you are looking for a healthy tasty dessert for any special occasion, I highly recommend giving this pie a try!
The recipe of the week is..... Chocolate Pie - HEALTHY BIRTHDAY STYLE
1 cup walnut halves and pieces
1/4 cup soft, pitted dates
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Pinch of sea salt
1 cup coconut cream
1/2 cup soft, pitted Medjool dates
3 ounces dark chocolate melted
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
the filling, use the cream at the top of a can of separated full-fat
coconut milk, such as Natural Value brand (which is BPA-free). To get it
to separate, refrigerate a couple of cans overnight.
1. Put walnuts, dates, cinnamon, and salt in a food processor with an S blade for 20 seconds or until very fine
2. Transfer the crust mixture to a glass pie dish, and press it across the bottom and halfway up the sides
3. Rinse the food processor
4. In a small saucepan, heat the coconut cream just slightly
5. Add the heated coconut cream, dates, chocolate, coconut oil, and vanilla extract to the food processor, and puree for 1 minute or until the filling is dark and smooth
6. Pour the filling over the crust, and chill to set
7. When your ready to serve the pie, top it with Whipped Coconut Cream.
8. Store the pie in the refrigerator
Makes 8 servings
Post a Comment