The recipe of the week is.... Couscous - OAG
5 ounces raw cashew nuts
3 ounces sultanas (gold raisins)
5 tablespoons olive oil
4 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons minced parsley
1/2 teaspoon za’atar
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1 garlic clove, crushed
1/4 teaspoon finely shredded lemon zest
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Place the sultanas in a bowl and pour warm water over them. Leave the sultanas for about 15 minutes, until plump. Drain and discard the water.
2. Heat a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Reduce the heat to medium low, add the cashew nuts and toast them for about 8 minutes, until lightly golden and gently charred.
3. Stir frequently to make sure that cashew nuts do not burn. Let the cashew nuts cool. Cut the half of the cashew nuts into smaller pieces (or simply crush them with your hands).
4. In a large sauté pan, heat three tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Add the OAG veggie rice to the pan and cook for about 7 minutes, stirring frequently.
5. Remove the couscous from the heat and let it cool.
6. Add the sultanas, cashew nuts, za’atar, cumin, parsley, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, and the remaining two tablespoons of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Leave the couscous for about 15 minutes for the flavors to combine.
Serve at room temperature.