Friday, January 3, 2014
Spaghetti with Lentil Marinara - OAG Style
Happy New Year! Wishing everyone a year of good health, prosperity, and happiness. I am so excited for 2014. This is the year I will be able to offer Outer Aisle Gourmet products throughout the nation, hoping to make a difference in the way Americans eat!
I would like to share a product testimonial from a health care professional who is a big supporter of Outer Aisle Gourmet.
"What sets the Outer Aisle product line apart from most other healthy alternatives is the taste. Not only are these products healthy vegetable alternatives, but there is no sacrifice when it comes to taste. These products will revolutionize the food industry as we know it!"
Stacey F. - Santa Barbara, CA
Thank you Stacey for your support. Here's to a healthy 2014!
The recipe of the week is... Spaghetti with Lentil Marinara - OAG Style
One pack of OAG veggie-pasta
1/2 cup of water
1/4 cup of dried green, brown, or French lentils
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1/4 cup yellow onion
1 garlic clove
1 - 8 oz can of tomato sauce
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
A small pinch of dried thyme
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Add lentils and water to a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil and then lower to a simmer and cook until lentils are tender and liquid is evaporated, about 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, add 1 tablespoon olive oil to a pan over medium heat. Add the onion and saute for 5 minutes, or until translucent. Add garlic (chopped) and saute for an additional minute, until fragrant.
3. Add the tomato sauce, basil, oregano, thyme, and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer on low for 20 minutes.
4. When lentils are done cooking, add them to the sauce and simmer for an additional 5 – 10 minutes.
5. In a separate pan, add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and saute the veggie-pasta for 5 – 10 minutes, until desired tenderness is achieved.
Plate pasta and top with lentil marinara. Serve hot.